home buttton

Monday, March 8, 2010

my niece's 2nd birthday

My niece just turned two and for her birthday I offered to make her a cake. I thought this was the perfect time to practice my cake decorating skills. I decided to go all out and make her cake from scratch without isn't as hard as it sounds but just time consuming with little ones around. I decided to make her a butterfly cake and she loved it!



Birthdays are a great opportunity to craft awesome gifts. A while back I stumbled upon this awesome personalized pillow and since then I have been wanting to make one. (can't remember where I saw it but when I do I'll give honor where it's due) So I just started messing around and this is what came out. It was such a hit that I am working on a Sponge-Bob one for my nephew.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!